Thursday 12 October 2017

The Little Things


Some days it's hard to get going and to keep going throughout the day.  It might be due to tiredness, sad memories or errant hormones (boo).  Whatever the cause, there is a cure, but you do have to work at it - it's practising gratitude, giving thanks for those blessings in life, however small.  The most important thing is to find that small thing, and say thank you.

When I found myself feeling a little lacklustre today, I went into the garden and found the first thing to be grateful for - sunshine - not the warmth of a summer's day, but a gentle light on my face.  Thank you.


I was mesmerized by the tweeting of the blue tits as they flew over my head when I went over to our oak tree.   Thank you.  I enjoyed the quiet time pottering around in the garden, putting away old plant pots, cutting up old and spent plants for the compost heap.  Thank you.

I don't mean to sound smug, but I have felt low many times before and trying to see one tiny thing and to be thankful for that tiny thing has helped stop my spirit from getting lower and starts it on the path upwards again many a time.


Hope you enjoy the pictures of the things I saw in my garden that make me smile.

Gratitude is a powerful thing.  x

Larissa x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Violets and Pinks

Just a few little musings today as I try to ease myself back into blogging. I really enjoy writing, but I must admit with working fiv...