Tuesday 24 April 2018

Violets and Pinks


Just a few little musings today as I try to ease myself back into blogging. I really enjoy writing, but I must admit with working five days a week I find it hard to find the time, or I forget or I'm simply too tired.   I want this to change though, otherwise I will always be finding an excuse not to be writing!  


With the spring arriving and actually warming up for a sunny day or two, we've been persuaded out into the garden.  My first foray outside was actually a rescue mission - the grass went into overdrive and the lawn warranted a good mowing - but the lawn was also strewn with teeny, tiny violets and I couldn't let them be devoured by the lawn mower, so I picked as many as I could - much to the annoyance of my teen boy who 'needed' lunch at the very same moment!   With such tiny treasures I needed the right pot to put them in.

Off I went with a particular old glass salt pot in mind, though little direction as nothing has really found a home yet, despite being back for over a year now.  I'll have random days of tidying or decluttering and stuff just gets moved - I do frustrate myself at times!  Along the path of not knowing where to look, I found the perfect pot.  A little egg cup I'd bought at one of last year's Vintage Car Boot sales in Yarmouth.  Perfectly decorated with Holly Hobbie,  The egg cup is dated 1978 - the time I carried round my own Holly Hobbie doll in matching patchwork bag!   It's 40 years ago!  Where has all the time gone?  Holly Hobbie is still a fond memory, and my mini Holly Hobbie still sits in my bedroom (she is awaiting a new hairdo as her hair unfortunately fell off).   Why does it not feel like 40 years?  Time is rather mystifying to me at the moment - I still remember where I bought my dolly, it feels like no time at all since my twins were babies and they now have their own life in Australia and now my youngest is a teenager ...


and here's a very tenuous time link - the life cycle of a flower - it happens year after year, the seed growing, a beautiful flower blooms, then it withers and dies.  Much like my lovely pink camellia ( I think it's a camellia!).   This was taken a few days ago, I love how it looks like God got his paintbrush out with the perfectly placed stripes, but now the flower has faded and gone brown ...  I'm not saying I'm withering and wrinkling like an old flower, but maybe it's good and healthy to look at our lives as a process, then we can be kinder to ourselves as we age and time passes.

Maybe it's time to stop musing :) 

Larissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Violets and Pinks

Just a few little musings today as I try to ease myself back into blogging. I really enjoy writing, but I must admit with working fiv...