Saturday 7 October 2017

Day 10

I'm one tenth of the way through my 100 days of blogging!  I did consider going to bed without blogging tonight, but I want to keep my creative muscles flexed and in good condition, and the only way to get better at writing (or anything for that matter) is to practise, practise, practise. 

It's been another creative day - all I can smell is mixed spice and spirits after making copious amounts of Christmas pudding and mincemeat.  I'm still cooking for a family of 5 even though my grown-up kiddies are living abroad and we are a mini family of 3.  So I will be giving a lot of handmade, cooked gifts this year!

I've read my newsletter from Meg McElwee of Sew Liberated today, and she was advocating slow-sewing, suggesting making one item this month and taking time whilst you do it, hopefully finding it more enjoyable in the process.  I love her concept of sewing as self-care.  We all need to indulge in that.

Larissa x

PS  Meg writes a wonderful post about perfectionism here  - well worth a read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Violets and Pinks

Just a few little musings today as I try to ease myself back into blogging. I really enjoy writing, but I must admit with working fiv...