Wednesday 4 October 2017

The boring bits ...

I did some crochet hearts to break the monotony - they're so quick to make it's instant gratification!
Today I realized something - I really don't like choosing, cutting out and preparing fabric!  Which is strange because I love, love, love sewing - it's been my favourite hobby for over 30 years, I've dragged my sewing machine to 3 different countries - but the prep?  You can keep that ... but unfortunately it's absolutely necessary to creating with textiles, so I spent 6 hours today cutting out a load of projects (interspersed with tea breaks and sneaky catch-up peeks at Vikings) to give me a stockpile of sewing, which is the good bit!   I wonder why I don't like the cutting out?  Is it because it's destructive initially - an anti-creative activity?  I guess I try and do cutting out in short, sharp bursts so that I don't get too bored, but as I'm trying to build up stock for my Etsy store, thought I'd do all the cutting in one go .. not such a great idea as it turns out, but at least it's all finished.

Do you have a least favourite part of creativity you have to work through to get to the fun part?

But I would say, keep on making the steps to being creative, even if it seems destructive at the start, it's well worth the effort :)

Larissa x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Violets and Pinks

Just a few little musings today as I try to ease myself back into blogging. I really enjoy writing, but I must admit with working fiv...