Sunday 1 October 2017

Knowing when to walk away

Great title considering I'm busily trying to create socks!



I'm using this pattern by Winwick Mum - it's a great pattern and the first sock has been made and I'm so very pleased with it.  I was worried that I may be stricken with the dreaded 'second sock syndrome', but it's worse than that - I have 'why-oh-why-isn't-this-sock-as-good-as-my-first-one syndrome' and it requires radical treatment - i.e. walking away whilst you are still happy to keep the blessed thing on your needles and not rip the whole thing out!   That's very difficult I can tell you! 

But I did manage to stop at the appropriate time, and kept all the swear words in my head, so I must get Brownie points for that.  I went off to do some washing up, mindfully I might add, then had a lovely blustery walk in the dark in the rain, coming back much calmer and suddenly able to knit again. 

Sometimes the road to creativity is not smooth ... but it does get me out :) 

Larissa x

PS  I would like to add that it was my lack of concentration causing difficulties, and not the pattern which I think is very good - try it if you've thought about knitting your first socks - there are loads of pics and a tutorial to help.  Would definitely recommend for beginners.  Fab!

PPS  Sock yarn by Stylecraft - called Etna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Violets and Pinks

Just a few little musings today as I try to ease myself back into blogging. I really enjoy writing, but I must admit with working fiv...