Friday 29 September 2017

Why Tales From Under the Oak Tree

I do love a good story, and story-telling, so here is my story of how Tales From Under the Oak came into being ...

Autumn - out with the old, making room for the new

After my dad died a couple of years ago, I fell out of blogging entirely - I just didn't have the heart to do it anymore.  He used to read my blog, comment occasionally and gauged how happy I was when writing, checking up on me when I wasn't for an extended time.  Although I had a lot of lovely people reading my words, I felt bereft when I lost my biggest fan.  So I just let it sit unattended for a long time; life happened - life changed and I began wonder if I should change my blog around to reflect this.  After much soul searching I decided to leave the blog in the same place, but change the name to 'Tales from the Forest' (which I never did in the end, it stayed as Create for Life) to reflect the environment I was working in and being inspired by ...

... but life, as I am discovering on a regular basis, changed again and suddenly I wasn't in my beloved forest home anymore ... and still didn't have the will to write my blog.  After our move back to the UK, I couldn't get the idea out of my head, as I really enjoy writing and it didn't feel right to just give up, plus I kind of wanted to honour my Dad as he was always encouraging me to keep writing and creating.

After living on the biggest Island on the planet, we decided to settle on a much smaller Island off the south coast of England and found our new home amongst the trees, which I discovered is built in the remains of an ancient woodland.  We fell in love straight away, and moved in as quickly as we could under the shelter of an enormous oak tree in our back garden - I feel protected and comfortable under the canopy of this king of trees :)   And so, as we settled and life became calmer I knew this is my new place of inspiration, and the name of my new blog home materialized in my head, as well as the know-ing I wanted to start a new blogging chapter to reflect the new chapter of my life - it just felt right.  And here I am, right at the beginning ...

One of my favourite paths

Now I can walk down the road and have a myriad of choices of footpath to take me into the rest of the ancient woodlands surrounding us, that calming world where ideas float into my mind and I can see endless possibilities for creativity ... this really is my space, where I can be me, roaming under the oak trees ... looking forward to new chapters ...

Larissa x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Violets and Pinks

Just a few little musings today as I try to ease myself back into blogging. I really enjoy writing, but I must admit with working fiv...